On what mountain did Moses receive the 10 commandments?
List the four Commandments that deal with our relationship with God.
LESSON: God gave the 10 Commandments to remind us of right and wrong. Laws are provided in society to provide for an orderly society. As we enforce those laws, it provides for a better community.
PRAYER: Father, as I live in society, help me live in a manner that will help make society better. Amen!
The 10 Commandments (Short Form)
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.
"...Which is the greatest commandment in the law?" Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first great commandment. And the second is like it: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." On these two commandments hand all the Law and the Prophets."